[squid-users] Allowing/Unblocking Skype with Squid

From: Jon Joyce <jsj@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 6 Jun 2006 09:01:21 +0100

Hi all,

We currently have a Squid box set up to only allow secure https
traffic through a manually updated whitelist. So now, all clients
must provide the name and 443 port of our Proxy server before they
can access secure sites (i.e. Internet Banking, Hotmail etc.)

We now have the problem that Skype wants to use the outgoing secure
443 port which is not allowed through our Proxy...

Is there anyway around this??

Anyone's help is much appretiated

Jon