Re: [squid-users] Squid on SMP

From: Matus UHLAR - fantomas <uhlar@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 8 Jun 2006 14:08:04 +0200

On 08.06.06 13:40, Sergey Velikanov wrote:
> I'm try install squid to SMP machine, I've ran two copy of squid, and
> balance load between them. But I haven't seen any difference if I run one
> or two copy of squid, first processor has higher load then second. Is it
> normal? How can I see what cpu number squid used?

How do you want to balance load between 2 instances of squid?

I would probably use only onw instance, and diskd and aufs can put some load
off the "main" CPU, also system and other applications will run on the other
CPU.

I personally think that only one squid should run on 2-CPU system. Maybe we
could link/balance more squids on system with more CPU's

REALITY.SYS corrupted. Press any key to reboot Universe.