Re: [squid-users] Filter exemption

From: Chris Robertson <crobertson@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 08 Jun 2006 13:59:05 -0800

Odhiambo WASHINGTON wrote:

>* On 07/06/06 12:05 +0400, Teller Sgt Robert J (GCE RCT-7 DATA NCOIC) wrote:
>| I am currently using squid 2.5 running on my firewall with port
>| redirection with ntlm auth. Is it possible to setup an acl so specific
>| users will not be cached at all during certain times and have all their
>| request sent directly out without having their ip address changed to the
>| proxy?
>
>Do some reading here from this brilliant HOWTO:
>:
>http://www.nomoa.com/bsd/squid.htm#squidEXTIME
>
>By the time you finish reading that document, I am pretty sure you
>will be able to achieve your objective.
>
>-Wash

This doesn't solve the problem asked. These ACLs will still cause the
data to pass through the proxy (and the requesting IP will be changed
accordingly). The solution to this problem lies outside of Squid. Set
the firewall redirection rules to allow the computers that these users
are utilizing to communicate directly with the Internet. Once the
traffic has been passed to Squid, there is no way for Squid to "tunnel" it.

Chris