[squid-users] SQUID DNS problems

From: Falko Zurell <falko.zurell@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 12 Jun 2006 09:50:12 +0200

Hello list,

I got a strange problem with our squid server (squid 2.5.12 on linux) .
We have a network with multiple subdomains. Lets say

ads.domain.com and localtions.domain.com

My squid host is a linux box with the correct /etc/resolv.conf
settings. The machine itself can resolve all host names in our
network. If i do a nslookup or host request I can resolve hosts on
all our subdomains.

But the squid can't resolve hosts in one of the subdomain
(ads.domain.com). The domain it can't resolve in is a windows domain,
served by MS DNS-Server.

I wonder why the operating system can correctly resolve all the
hostnames but the squid doesn't.

I even entered all our DNS-Servers in the squid.conf but this doesn't
helped. I even changed the default domain of the squid host to the
ads.domain.com but this also doesn't resolved to problem.

Does anyone has an idea on that?

Thanks

---
Falko Zurell
Head of Application Management
I-D Media AG                           Fon: +49 (0) 30 - 259 47 - 357
Ohlauer Strasse 43                 Fax: +49 (0) 30 - 259 47 - 111
D - 10999 Berlin
mailto:falko.zurell@idmedia.com
http://www.idmedia.com
[ ICQ: 327004879 ]
Board: Regine Haschka-Helmer (CEO), Franz Klose (CFO)
Chairman of the Supervisory Board: Christian A. Hufnagl
Headquarter: Berlin, Place of Jurisdiction: Berlin HRB 76342
This message may contain confidential information and must not be
copied,
disclosed or used by anybody other than the intendee recipient. If
you have
received this message in error, please notify us immediately by reply
e-mail
and delete all records of the message from your computer. The views
represented in this message are solely those of the author. Neither the
author
nor I-D Media AG accepts any liability for the contents of this message.