Re: [squid-users] Download Limit

From: Tristan Linnenbank <tristan@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 12 Jun 2006 11:40:53 +0200

Maybe you could write a daemon that parses the access.log and counts the
bytes used per ip-address. Once the bytes used per ip-address exceeds
the limit set by you, you could add the ip-address to a kind of 'black
list'.

Write a redirector that checks the blacklist. If the source-ip address
is in the blacklist, redirect the user to a page showing 'bandwidth
exceeded'. If the user is not in the blacklist, don't redirect the URL.

Or skip the redirector and use ACL's using the external black list file.

I'm just a newbie to squid so this might be bad practice...