[squid-users] squid 3.0 as reverse proxy

From: Chenxi Wang <chenxi@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sun, 18 Jun 2006 20:19:15 -0700

Hi,

I am using Squid 3.0 as a reverse proxy and was able to connect to the
originserver if I specify make "always_direct on". But if I turn the
"always_direct" to be "off", I have not been able to get squid to
forward http requests to the origin server that I specified. I looked
through the FAQ and mail archive, there is one case similar to mine but
no one provided an answer.

The error message I got makes me think that there is something in the
configuration file that is blocking the forwading request. This is what
I got:

While trying to retrieve the URL: the server url here...

The following error was encountered:

* Unable to forward this request at this time.

This request could not be forwarded to the origin server or to any
parent caches. The most likely cause for this error is that:

* The cache administrator does not allow this cache to make direct
connections to origin servers, and
* All configured parent caches are currently unreachable

-----------------

I've put the origin server name in the http_port directive
  http_port 80 accel defaultsite=3Dmyorigin.com

and I've changed the cache peer directive
  cache_peer myorigin.com parent 80 3130 originserver
  cache_peer_access myorigin.com allow all

all is definied as (all client sources)

I have no idea why it is not working, I'd appreciate any clue that you =
can send me.

Thanks,

Chenxi