Re: [squid-users] Tproxy & WCCPv1

From: Henrik Nordstrom <henrik@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 20 Jun 2006 00:01:05 +0200

mån 2006-06-19 klockan 08:11 -0700 skrev Keith Owen:
> We are currently using WCCPv1. I was reading about Tproxy and wanted
> to implement that as well. I can't seem to find the answer to my
> question. Will Tproxy work with a WCCP setup? If you could shed some
> light on this that would be appreciate

TPROXY requires all return traffic to pass via the proxy server, which
is generally not the kind of network setup you have when using WCCP..

But if you can design your network in such manner that the return
traffic from the web sites will hit the correct proxy server even when
using the original client IP then yes. The two technologies as such does
not rule out each other.