Re: [squid-users] Authentication

From: Henrik Nordstrom <henrik@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 20 Jun 2006 00:07:51 +0200

mån 2006-06-19 klockan 15:21 -0400 skrev Sketch:

> Is it really that complicated to get basic HTTP Authentication setup in squid?

Not at all.

You need
 a) A password database of some kind
 b) The proper helper to connect to that password database (ncsa_auth if
using Apache htpasswd files)
 c) About 3 lines in squid.conf making use of the authentication, one
auth_param line to specify the helper and password database, and one acl
defining what users are valid, and one http_access rule limiting access
to authenticated users only..

> Can I just have the Authorization header passed directly to the origin server?

Normally done by default.

Is this a reverse-proxy setup using cache_peer for request forwarding (I
assume so as you mention the rproxy patch)? If so see the login=
parameter to cache_peer.