[squid-users] Passthrough authentication

From: Tim Bates <tin@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 21 Jun 2006 15:53:44 +1000

We are about to be moved to using a parent proxy that authenticates
users. Is it possible to pass the required user names/passwords through
squid?

I just tried quickly a few minutes ago by just setting the cache_peer
option to the new server address. The auth window in my browser came up
but had the local proxy name and port, not the remote one, and the user
names/passwords didn't work (presumably because this proxy was eating
the auth headers).

If it is possible to do this, can someone tell me what I need to do? I'm
sure I read somewhere about doing this, but Google isn't being my friend
today.

Tim Bates