[squid-users] getpwnam syntax

From: Robert Denton <robert@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 22 Jun 2006 17:39:50 -0400

Hi all, I am trying to do some testing with proxy authentication and
I am hitting a wall. I'd like to use squid and the regular password
file on my linux system which is supposedly possible.

if I were to use a diff auth scheme, the squid.conf file syntax would
look something like this:

auth_param basic program /usr/sbin/squidauth.pl /etc/squid/squidpasswd

but what is the syntax if I want to use getpwnam? Something like this:

auth_param basic program getpwnam /etc/passwd ???

Anyone know? Thanks!!

Robert Denton
Network Administrator
Headsprout