Re: [squid-users] Novell lookup

From: Visolve Squid <squid@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 23 Jun 2006 16:59:07 +0530

Keith Owen wrote:

>Can anyone lead me in the right direction. Is there a way for the access.log instead of IP addresses to have user names? We are a "Novell shop". Thanks in advance.

Hello Owen,

The 8th field of access.log is Ident. If ident_lookup is on, this field
may contain the username associated with the client connection as
derived from the ident service.
If you are already authenticated with username , the username will
display automatically at the 8th field of access.log.
For more details about access.log format:
http://squid.visolve.com/squid/squid24s1/glossary.htm#access.log.

--
Thanks,
Visolve Squid Team,