Re: [squid-users] peer weight is not working please help

From: Chris Robertson <crobertson@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 23 Jun 2006 10:58:36 -0800

squid learner wrote:

>>Is this client browser on the Squid machine? If
>>not, then its very
>>likely a routing problem on the Squid machine. >
>>

>Chris
>

>Sir
>It is routing problem
>now search try to search the remedy
>as i show before i put all router in same lan
>192.168.1.1<>192.168.1.2<>192.168.1.3 diff isp
>the first proxy belongs to 1st router second proxy to
>2nd router
>Nd
>add all three gate way to squid box:-
>/etc/rc.d/rc.route
>
>#! /bin/bash
># Default-Route file
>#
>

>while : ; do
>route add default gw 192.168.1.1
>route del default gw 192.168.1.2
>route del default gw 192.168.1.3
>sleep 1
>route add default gw 192.168.1.2
>route del default gw 192.168.1.3
>route del default gw 192.168.1.1
>sleep 1
>route add default gw 192.168.1.3
>route del default gw 192.168.1.2
>route del default gw 192.168.1.1
>sleep 1
>done > /dev/null 2>&1 &
>#end

So you end up with one default gateway (192.168.1.3). Junk it.

>====and then
>/etc/rc.d/rc.default.route
>
>route add (212.162.131.80( proxy ip)via default gw
>192.168.1.1
>' ' '' do second and third same as above
>=====

This is almost correct, but not quite.

route add -host 212.162.131.80 gw 192.168.1.1
route add -host $PROXY2 gw 192.168.1.2
route add -host $PROXY3 gw 192.168.1.3

This is the simplest method of getting Squid to talk to the three ISPs.
All other off-LAN traffic (any DNS requests that the box makes itself,
external mail sent, etc.) will not be load balanced, it will be sent
over the (single) default gateway.. This should not be a problem, as
Squid should not be making DNS requests itself. Emulating multiple
default gateways is possible, (see
http://lartc.org/howto/lartc.rpdb.multiple-links.html or
http://linux-ip.net/html/adv-multi-internet.html), but might not be needed.

>so it left to second with out completing the req
>now what i have to do is
>i have to find some script to handle the time to not
>to change the gw -up to 5 minuts or 10 minuts

Only one default gw can be set. As I mentioned however, you can emulate
having multiple default gateways by creating multiple default routes (as
seen in the links). Again, you might not need this added complexity.

>====
>what i want to do is near to multihoming with load
>balance and fail over with 3 isp
>So the one squid box take over all three isp
>=====
>Sir
>please if you have some thing in this matter please
>forward it to me
>

>Thanks for cooperation

Hope this sorts things out.

Chris