Re: [squid-users] getpwnam syntax

From: Robert Denton <robert@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 23 Jun 2006 15:58:08 -0400

Terrific, I am making progress on this. The absense of the pam.conf
file in /etc is irrelevant since, according to the man page for pam,
the mere existence of the pam.d dir will cause pam to completely
ignore pam.conf. I have such a dir. However inside there is NO squid
file. My plan is to make one by doing this:

cp samba squid

since the samba file looks pretty simple and somewhat representative
of the config files inside pam.d. Whatsmore, there is nothing inside
samba that seems specific to samba, likewise with similar pam.d
config files such as sudo, etc. Also, the follow example I found on
the web is mostly the same but doesn't exactly match my system:

auth required /lib/security/pam_stack.so service=system-auth
      auth required /lib/security/pam_nologin.so
      account required /lib/security/pam_stack.so
service=system-auth
      password required /lib/security/pam_stack.so
service=system-auth
      session required /lib/security/pam_stack.so
service=system-auth

Does anyone see any problems with this? I will try it and report
back the results.

Robert