Re: [squid-users] peer weight is working (THANKS)

From: Chris Robertson <crobertson@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 27 Jun 2006 12:34:36 -0800

squid learner wrote:

>Sir Chris Robertson
>Thankyou very much
>It is working excellent
>For this i search nearly 50 forums and nearly 10
>months i was struggling
>Thanks
>Is it possible to cache (store) media songs and movies

Glad to hear it's working for you.

That depends on how the songs and movies are delivered. If they are
just web objects, and the cacheability engine
(http://www.ircache.net/cgi-bin/cacheability.py) labels them as
cacheable, then yes. You might have to adjust your maximum_object_size
(in squid.conf) as the default is somewhere around 4MB. If they are
streamed... I don't think such a thing is likely.

Chris