Re: [squid-users] What does squid call items in its' cache?

From: Visolve Squid <squid@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 30 Jun 2006 12:22:58 +0530

John Oliver wrote:

>I want to purge some (or even all) of the stuff in squid's cache. But
>every possible name I've passwd with squidclient gets rejected with a
>404. I've tried *, www.mydomain.com, http://www.mydomain.com,
>http://www.mydomain.com/*... nothing is working.
>
>Is there a way to list the cache?

Hello Oliver,

You can try with purge tool to solve your problem.The purge tool is a
kind of magnifying glass into your squid-2 cache. You can use purge to
have a look at what URLs are stored in which file within your cache. The
purge tool can also be used to release objects which URLs match user
specified regular expressions. A more troublesome feature is the ability
to remove files squid does not seem to know about any longer.

For more details of purge tool at:
http://www.wa.apana.org.au/~dean/squidpurge/

--
Thanks,