Re: [squid-users] OWA reverse proxy with 2.6RC2

From: Constant, Benjamin <bconstant@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 30 Jun 2006 12:15:31 +0200

Hello list,

This first my message here but I'm the author of the original question :-)
I finally succeed in reverse proxying OWA adding the login=PASS option to my
cache_peer directive.

For future reference, here is the complete line:

cache_peer exchange-fe.local.mysite parent 80 0 front-end-https=on \
originserver proxy-only connection-auth=off login=PASS

Adding RPC_IN_DATA and RPC_OUT_DATA to the extension_methods gives me rpc
over http capability which is definitely great. Many thanks for you help!

I'm now trying to reverse proxy a second url (with another backend) on the
same box using an IP alias on the squid server. The backend is using https
protocol so I setup the following cache_peer for this backend:

cache_peer backend.local.mysite parent 443 0 originserver proxy-only
connection-auth=off ssl cafile=path_to_ca_of_backend

However, the squid -k parse returns:

parse_peer: token='cafile=/path_to_ca_of_backend'
FATAL: Bungled squid.conf line 559: cache_peer backend.local.mysite parent
443 0 originserver proxy-only connection-auth=off ssl
cafile=/path_to_ca_of_backend
Squid Cache (Version 2.6.RC2-20060628): Terminated abnormally.

Is this cafile= option already implemented on this 2.6RC2 or am I doing
something wrong?

Many thanks.

Best Regards,

Benjamin Constant

confidential information. It is intended only for the use of the
person(s) named above. If you are not the intended recipient, you are
hereby notified that any review, dissemination, distribution or
duplication of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you are not
the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and