Re: [squid-users] refresh.c/refreshIsCachable buglet?

From: Henrik Nordstrom <henrik@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 30 Jun 2006 17:46:14 +0200

fre 2006-06-30 klockan 17:24 +0200 skrev Andreas J. Koenig:

> I'd be very happy, if the squid team could reconceive this as a buggy
> behaviour. Isn't it wonderful to improve software by just removing a
> few lines?

It's a tradeoff. As the comment says there is not really any benefit in
refreshing 0-sized objects as the overhead is the same as a full
request.

I would think what you want to change is actually the 60 seconds limit a
few lines earlier... this limit is suitable for normal forward proxies
in most setups, but reverse proxies may have quite different
requirements.