Subject: ftp behaving badly
From: "Hement Gopal" <[email-masked]>
To: "squid" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 7 Jun 2006 09:30:01 +0200

Hi all

Platform : Squid 2.5 Stable 13 on Redhat 9

I'm having trouble ftp'ing out via squid. If I enter
ftp://ftp.domain.com in my browser URL and point my browser to my proxy
server, it does not work. Ftp port in my squid.conf is open.

acl Safe_ports port 21          # ftp

My firewall rules allow my proxy server to go out on all ports, so I
know there are no restrictions on my network edge.

On CLI on proxy server, if I go ftp ftp.domain.com I get username option
and then it freezes.

ftp ftp.is.co.za
Connected to ftp.is.co.za (196.4.160.12).
220 Welcome to Internet Solutions FTP service. You are listed as a South
African user.
Name (ftp.is.co.za:root): ftp
Killed<-----------------------------------I manually kill this via
another shell window.

Does anyone have any ideas why this is happening.

Rgds,
Hement Gopal