[squid-users] httpd_accel in Squid 2.6.STABLE1 problem

From: Jon <jonsml@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 3 Jul 2006 16:44:03 -0400

Hi,

I'm currently testing Squid 2.6.STABLE1. In the past I have always used
Squid as a reverse proxy to our http servers on the internal network, today
as I'm setting up Squid I notice it's missing something in the Squid.conf
file. I just went through and configure everything as I had on the old
Squid box but there is only one option under the httpd-accelerator section.

# HTTPD-ACCELERATOR OPTIONS
#
-

# TAG: httpd_accel_no_pmtu_disc on|off
# In many setups of transparently intercepting proxies Path-MTU
# discovery can not work on traffic towards the clients. This is
# the case when the intercepting device does not fully track
# connections and fails to forward ICMP must fragment messages
# to the cache server.
#
# If you have such setup and experience that certain clients
# sporadically hang or never complete requests set this to on.
#
#Default:
# httpd_accel_no_pmtu_disc off

Then I check the FAQ and followed this link
http://wiki.squid-cache.org/SquidFaq/ReverseProxy to read more about how to
set it up. It says to use the options httpd_accel_host and httpd_accel_port
but they're not valid options when I start Squid, it gives me an error.