[squid-users] url_rewrite concurrency

From: Stolle, Martin <Martin.Stolle@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 4 Jul 2006 14:30:24 +0200

Hello,

Where can I find more information about the new helper protocol for URL
redirectors, from which the Release-Notes speak as:

   url_rewrite_concurrency
          Activates a new and more efficient helper protocol. Requires
changes in the
          helper.

I found out, that squid-2.6STABLE1 needs more url redirectors active
than squid-2.5STABLE14, about two times as much as before in my case
(about 40 instead of 20 before).

In that case it would be very effective, if the url redirectors could be
multi-threaded.

I think, it would be possible for me to rewrite my redirectors (written
in c++) to work multi-threaded.

Thanks,

Martin