Re: [squid-users] different round-robin parents

From: Visolve Squid <squid@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 05 Jul 2006 15:21:43 +0530

delloin@free.fr wrote:

>Hello,
>is it possible to use different group of round-robin parents ?
>
>I've got some local squid servers that forward internet requests to 2 squid
>parent servers (configured with round-robin).
>
>In parallel, for some specific intranets website, i would need to forward these
>requests to some another couple of squid servers, and so implementing another
>couple of round-robin parents.

Hello,

The round-robin option must be used on more than one cache_peer line to
be useful. Connections to caches configured with this options are spread
evenly (round-robined) among the caches. This can be used by client
caches to communicate with a group of loaded parents, so that load is
spread evenly. If you have multiple Internet connections, with a parent
cache on each side, you can use this option to do some basic
load-balancing of the connections.

In other words,the round-robin option is similar to default, except that
Squid forwards the request to the parent with the lowest use count. The
cache_peer_domain restrictions still apply, of course. A typical
configuration might look like:

cache_peer proxy.visolve.com1 parent 3128 3130 round-robin no-query
cache_peer proxy.visolve.com2 parent 3128 3130 round-robin no-query

For more details visit:
http://squid.visolve.com/squid/squid24s1/glossary.htm.

--
Thanks,