[squid-users] http accelerator and timeouts

From: Travis Derouin <travis@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 5 Jul 2006 15:17:05 -0400

Hi,

We're running Squid in reverse proxy as an http accelerator. When our
back end web server that generates the uncached content has problems
and becomes unresponsive, so does our front-end Squid server. is there
a way that we can have Squid ignore this and continue to serve cached
content to users when a certain timeout has passed when contacting
the back end apache server? it would be helpful in two ways, one,
vistiors accessing cached content won't experience the interruption,
and two, connections to the back end server won't pile up, adding to
the problem.

any suggestions?

thanks,
travis