Re: [squid-users] External ACL allowing denied sites

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 6 Jul 2006 09:34:41 +0200 (CEST)

> This site should be denied... What it should be ??
> It was working but now started allowing denied sites... uptime is 5
> days, i think restarting the server or squid should resolve the
> problem... But id like to know what it would be causing this issue.

My guess is some bug in the helper making it start return wrong
information to Squid after some time. I would suggest you add some tracing
to the helper to determine more exactly what it's doing and why it returns
OK...

Note: A "squid -k rotate" will restart the helper, but any cached results
will still be used by Squid subject to your ttl settings in
external_acl_type.