[squid-users] Squid/SquidGuard: info of user and category

From: Karsten Rothemund <karsten@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 7 Jul 2006 00:20:56 +0200

hello list,

I don't know, if this is the correct forum for my question. Sorry, if
not.

I want to equip my old laptop with a web-filtering software, so that
the children of my sister can use it as a surfbox. The laptop runs
FreeBSD 6.1 and I installed squid from the ports (version 2.5.14),
which works fine at the moment (no complex tasks here ;-) ).

Then I added squidguard, also from the ports (version 1.2.0). I
used a simple config, which principly works: it blocked some of the
sites mentioned in the blacklists - and google(??).=3D20

OK, maybe. So I wanted to put me (and later all adults) in a group
with more freedom. But this did not work. It seems to me, that
squidguard ignores infos about the user.

I found this web page (http://www.onlamp.com/lpt/a/6473) which
contained a cgi-script, which makes some infos available. And right,
there is no info about the user, who requests the page, and about the
category (which will be interesting later).

So the question is, where can I start to debug this situation? Is there=3D20
something (an option or so) I missed, when compiling/installing
squid/squidguard? Or is it a config-problem of squid (I can of course
provide configs - when I know it's the right place here).

Thank you for any hint

Karsten

--

Karsten Rothemund <karsten@photor.de>     /"\
PGP-Key:     0x7019CAA5                   \ /