[squid-users] How to restrict the users & validate the login credientials

From: Pavan Kumar Mahoorker <pavanm@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 7 Jul 2006 11:52:22 +0530

Hi all,

I have configured SQUID as HTTP proxy and allowed some range of IPs.

And when I use internet form my PC for which I have configured this
SQUID PC as proxy server and i can see all the traffic going through the
proxy.

Now I want to allow the PC's to access the Proxy server only if the
login credentials authentication is success.

And if the PC's fail to authenticate then the proxy should block the
traffic.

I have modified the /etc/squid/squid.conf file but looks like it needs a
external auth server like LDAP, APACHE & etc...

Let me know what needs to be done to achieve this.

Thanks & regards

-Pavan