Re: [squid-users] Squid/SquidGuard: info of user and category

From: Karsten Rothemund <karsten@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sun, 9 Jul 2006 13:15:38 +0200

On Fri, Jul 07, 2006 at 09:13:42AM +0200, Peter Albrecht wrote:
> Hello Karsten,
>
> On Friday 07 July 2006 00:20, Karsten Rothemund wrote:
> > I don't know, if this is the correct forum for my question. Sorry, if
> > not.
> This is definitely the correct forum. :-)

Good to hear.

[...]
> I assume all users are logging into your laptop with different user names,
> correct? Then the easiest way would be to use user identification as provided

Yes. Hopefully ;-)

> by an ident daemon (RFC 931). For Linux, this could be pidentd, I am sure
> there is something similar for FreeBSD available.

It is. And I installed and activated it.

> From http://www.squidguard.org/config/:
[.. example of config ..]

exactly what I did.

> I assume you have a definition for "blacklists" containing the info about your

> blacklists.

I started with the lists provided by the FreeBSD-port (so
out-of-the-box)

> To get this working, you need to activate the ident lookup method in Squid.
> Search for ident_lookup_access in squid.conf. I haven't tried this together
> with SquidGuard but that should be no big deal.

I still do not get any info about the requesting user. The field is
empty (checked with the cgi-script mentioned in my previous mail). It
looks like this gets lost between squid and squidguard.

Stil a little lost.

Karsten

--

Karsten Rothemund <karsten@photor.de>     /"\
PGP-Key:     0x7019CAA5                   \ /