[squid-users] External ACL's and passing full url's to them

From: Jim Nobbs <jim.nobbs@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 11 Jul 2006 10:39:02 +0100

We are using squid 2.5 stable 14 and we are using a number of external
acl types to run php cli's that query a MySQL database. This is all
working perfectly but we want to be able to pass the full request to
one of the external ACL's and there is not an option for it.

You can also pass headers to the external ACL using the following format:

%{Header}

I have tried to pass the "Location" header using the following ACL...

external_acl_type user_internet_check ttl=30 children=2 %{Location}
php -d default_socket_timeout=90000 -f
/usr/local/squid-student/external_acl/user_internet_check.php

but I don't get anything passed to my PHP program. The PHP program
logs to a text file all the info passed to it and it logs eveythign
except the header I am trying to pass.

Can anyone give me some insight?