[squid-users] reverse proxying https

From: Richard Patterson <detonate@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 12 Jul 2006 19:56:54 +1200

Hi all.

I've got squid sitting acting as a reverse proxy (http_accel) like this.

client -----https----> squid ----http----> web_server

This is all fine and well, however, the web_server is returning urls
with "http://" hardcoded back to the client.

The two easiest solutions (make squid talk https to the server, or make
the server not pass the URI "http://" back) aren't possible.

So my idea is to have squid listening on tcp80 aswell, and use a
redirector to s@http://@302:https://@

When testing this however, Firefox
<http://www.linuxforum.com/forums/index.php?s=f0f70e92c74fc65b3e647c80933e36f0&showtopic=179263#>says

it has detected that the server is redirecting the request for this
address in a way that will never complete.

Is there something I'm missing? another way to solve this?

*sigh* any hints?