[squid-users] Queing downloads

From: Janco van der Merwe <jvdmerwe@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 12 Jul 2006 11:44:50 +0200

Hi guys,

I have an interesting question which I hope somebody will be able= to help me or give me a push in the right direction.

Firstly we are running Squid 2.5 Stable 10 on Fedora Core 4, behi= nd a Shorewall firewall with squid_ldap_group authentication. Now= what I want to know is, is it possible for Squid or any other Li= nux package to queue a download job for after hours, lets say tha= t a user wants to download a file @ 10:00 in the morning but I on= ly want to allow that download after 5 in the afternoon. (I hope=20= that I'm making sense)

To get back to my question.....is it possible, can Squid or any o= ther program do that??????? I tried searching on the net but wasn= 't very successful.

CAN ANYONE HELP ME?????????

Janco v.d Merwe
Network Administrator
Dunns Stores (PTY) Ltd
Switchboard: 011 541 3000
Direct: 011 541 3007
Fax: 086 632 1708

This communication and any attachments are confidential and intended for the sole use of the
intended recipient. Any form of copying or disclosure of this communication to any third parties
without permission is prohibited. The contents of this communication and its attachments are
not intended to be relied upon in law without subsequent written confirmation. As such, Dunns
Stores (Pty) Ltd accept no responsibility or liability (including negligence) for the consequences
of anyone acting, or not acting, on information contained therein.

If you have received this communication in error please notify us immediately and destroy or
delete it.