[squid-users] Bandwidth conservation via Squid bypass

From: Angelo Gladding <angelogladding@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 12 Jul 2006 16:08:29 -0700

Hey all I'm looking for a Squid configuration to force users'
server if it matches a particular ACL. I do not want to use a PAC to
solve this problem for the list will constantly be increasing in size.
 I'm looking to do this because our proxy server is remote from the
network which will be utilizing it and it would be a great bandwidth
saver to route large files (video, etc.) directly back to the source
rather than through our proxy. Basically, Squid receives the request,
determines that it's a request for a video file and either responds to
the source to go direct or passes the request to the origin server
with an alternate return address. I have had no luck in my searches,
but I can't believe it wouldn't be a feature. Anyone know if this is
possible?

Thanks,
Angelo

--