Re: AW: AW: [squid-users] Squid and SquidGuard retsarting. Why?

From: Brian Gregory <brian.gregory05@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 13 Jul 2006 14:43:32 +0100

Werner.Rost@zf.com wrote:
> Define the location of the pre-built databas in the configuration file of squidguard.
>
> Example:
>
> destination porn {
> domainlist porn/domains
> urllist porn/urls
> expressionlist porn/expressions
> log porn.log
> }
>

> Mit freundlichem Gruß/Yours sincerely
> Werner Rost
> GMT-FIR - Netzwerk
>
> ZF Boge Elastmetall GmbH
> Friesdorfer Str. 175
> 53175 Bonn
> Deutschland/Germany
> Telefon/Phone +49 228 3825 - 420
> Telefax/Fax +49 228 3825 - 398
> werner.rost@zf.com

I think I've got it working now, it certainly starts up much quicker
even when I configure 10 squidGuard processes.

I have set up the following running on a weekly cron job as root to
download new blacklists and create the database just once a week (watch
out for the line wraps):

# This is Brian's blacklist update script

cd ~

rm -f -f bl.tar.gz

wget -O bl.tar.gz
http://ftp.tdcnorge.no/pub/www/proxy/squidGuard/contrib/blacklists.tar.gz

tar --ungzip --extract --exclude=*.diff
--directory=/var/lib/squidGuard/db --verbose -f bl.tar.gz

rm -f -f bl.tar.gz

wget -O bl.tar.gz
ftp://ftp.univ-tlse1.fr/pub/reseau/cache/squidguard_contrib/blacklists.tar.gz

tar --ungzip --extract --exclude=*.diff
--directory=/var/lib/squidGuard/db --verbose -f bl.tar.gz

rm -f -f bl.tar.gz

chown -R squid:nogroup /var/lib/squidGuard/db

/usr/sbin/squidGuard -C all

chown -R squid:nogroup /var/lib/squidGuard/db

/usr/sbin/squid -k reconfigure

#Script Ends

The squid.conf file seems to be okay exactly as it was. The squidGuard
processes seem to know to use the databases rather than the text files.

Does this look reasonable?

--
Brian Gregory.
brian.gregory05@btconnect.com