[squid-users] WAN optimization (Was: Cache for email?)

From: Chris de Vidal <chris@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sun, 16 Jul 2006 20:16:46 -0700 (PDT)

--- Michael Loftis <mloftis@wgops.com> wrote:
> Uh. I don't see how this would help since each users mail is, well,
> individual. Thus by definition, isn't going to be cacheable. Keeping mail
> closer to users is the solution usually.

You're right, Imma dummy.

I think perhaps a WAN optimization solution is what I want; F5's WANJet comes to mind. Something
to speed up email access between sites.

Know of any open source solutions? The only ones I've seen have been hardware-based. Would even
settle for closed-source software-based.

CD

Are you good enough?
TenThousandDollarOffer.com