[squid-users] Optimal parameters for Squid

From: Prabu <prabu.ayyappan@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 17 Jul 2006 15:00:42 +0530

Hello All,

I need some help in configuring squid with optimal parameters,Is there
any formulas or calculations

1)How to calculate the optimal cache_mem that suits my environment?
2)Does increasing cache_memory beyond a certain value decrease squid
performance?
3)How to calculate the optimal cache_dir that suits my environment?
4)How many number of File Descriptors squid needs?
5)Is there any relation between File Descriptors and number of
connections(number of request)?

I got some hints from squid Faq and from Henriks notes "11.4 Running out
of filedescriptors" but need the details of how to configure the ulimit
so that it suits my environment.

Even these things can be added to the Squid FAQ.It also helps
squid-users in future.

Thanks in advance.

--Prabu.M.A
When I was born I was so surprised