RE: [squid-users] Putting high mem objects on cache. [signed]

From: Ben Hathaway <ben.hathaway@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 17 Jul 2006 15:11:28 +0300

All,

        I asked this question a while back. It seems that it's not possible.
My suggested solution (although I haven't tried it yet) is to run an actual
webserver on the machine and download the known-large-files (virus updates,
etc...) as a cron job every day at 4am. Then we should be able to setup
redirection rules in squid to point to our webserver rather than the live
internet server. This is a little like re-inventing the wheel, but should
work ok. It's on my list of things to do but way down near the bottom at the
moment.

Let me know if anyone comes up with a better solution.

Regards,

Ben Hathaway
Software Developer
http://www.spidersat.net