[squid-users] imp--- help required for making squid transparent.

From: SHERDIL <mikdadhussain@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 18 Jul 2006 18:53:12 +0000 (UTC)

Hello,
Dear All
      I am facing difficulty when installing Squid-2.6.STABLE1 on my
Linux Machine. Actually the configuration required to make the Squid
a Transparent proxy is not working at all.
      The old parameters required to make the Squid transparent proxy
which were present in the previous versions are either deprecated or
not supported

 These were

httpd_accel_host virtual
httpd_accel_port 80
httpd_accel_with_proxy on
httpd_accel_uses_host_header on

and also the IpTables configuration

/sbin/iptables -t nat -A PREROUTING -i eth0 -p tcp --dport 80 -j
REDIRECT --to-port 3128

are not working.

The new features in the Squid-2.6.STABLE1 for making the squid
transparent are

1 ) http_port 3128 transparent and
2 ) http_port tproxy

but the above option no. (1) transparent option is not working at all
and also for the second option i.e., TProxy support, i can't find the
TProxy support available in my linux kernal . The support for TProxy
is not built into my Kernal.
Actuall, i have 2.6.15-1.2054_FC5 and i can't find the tproxy script
for my release and also i am not able to figure out how to install
tproxy support on my machine.

Can anybody help me out in this regard.

Thanking in advance.
Shoaib Akbar.