Re: [squid-users] Squid Config from LDAP

From: Henrik Nordstrom <henrik@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 19 Jul 2006 16:09:42 +0200

ons 2006-07-19 klockan 13:19 +0200 skrev Christian Bode:
> Hi
>
> Did anyone else ever thought of bringing parts or the whole Squid-Config
> into LDAP?

LDAP doesn't fit very well for storing whole configs.

> The only thing I found right now was authentification via LDAP.

You also have authorization via squid_ldap_group, and despite it's name
it can actually be used for a wide range of authorization lookups, not
just group lookups..

> I have several squid-running with mostly the same configuration. What I
> would like to do is to have just one configuration and generate the
> productiv configuration which just differs in ip-addr and which neighbours
> to contact out of this central configuration?

Many do this with simple preprocessing of the config, using cpp, m4 or
another simple macro processor, and distributing the config file data to
the proxies with rsync or similar.