Re: [squid-users] How to rotate logs in Squid

From: Peter Albrecht <peter.albrecht@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 20 Jul 2006 10:10:47 +0200

Hi Mehmet,

On Thursday 20 July 2006 10:01, Mehmet, Levent (Accenture) wrote:
> Thanks Peter
>
> I have looked in the etc/logrotate.d/ but I have no squid any ideas ?

The file will only be installed if you install the Squid package:

merkur2:~ # rpm -qf /etc/logrotate.d/squid
squid-2.5.STABLE12-18.2

Well, this is from SLES 10 which is based on SUSE Linux 10.1. I don't have a
SUSE Linux 10.1 around but it should be the same package.

So please install this package from your installation media and even if you
decide to use your own Squid (self-compiled), you can use the configuration
file for logrotate. If I can be of any additional help, please let me know.

Regards,

Peter

--
Peter Albrecht, Novell Training Services, peter.albrecht@novell.com