Re: [squid-users] LDAPv3 problems

From: Henrik Nordstrom <henrik@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 21 Jul 2006 22:50:57 +0200

fre 2006-07-21 klockan 16:06 -0400 skrev Mike Branda:

> I am using squid-2.5.STABLE5-42.21 to access openldap2-2.2.27-6 LDAPv3.
> I am running SuSE which includes 2 versions of squid ldap auth via RPM.

Please try with a more current version of squid_ldap_auth. 2.5.STABLE5
is very old, and there was a lot of fixes to squid_ldap_auth over the
years..

Current versions of squid_ldap_auth has been verified in LDAPv3
operations both with and without TLS, and LDAPv2 operations both plain
and SSL wrapped (aka ldaps), and with quite many differnt OpenLDAP
versions and also a few other LDAP libraries.

squid_ldapauth is a completely different program, distributed separately
by it's authors, separate from the Squid project.

> squid_ldap_auth never connects. It just sits at a new line and never
> returns to the prompt without a ctrl-c.

It only connects when you give it a query as input. Syntax on the basic
auth queries can be found in the squid.conf comments, but to keep it
simple it's just

username<space>password<enter>