Re: [squid-users] LDAPv3 problems

From: Henrik Nordstrom <henrik@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 22 Jul 2006 00:25:47 +0200

fre 2006-07-21 klockan 17:50 -0400 skrev Mike Branda:

> Interesting... I didn't realize it was that old. That hardware is
> running SuSE 9.3 and is 1 of 2 that have not been rolled up to SuSE 10.

It's hard to say how "old" a vendor release is..

Both SuSE and RedHat have the odd policy of not updating package
versions but instead backporting patches (and somtimes unsuccessfully
so..), causing a major headache for others when support questions is
asked outside their own forums as we have no clue what version is really
being used other than that it's at least as new as the version
indicated.

> squid-2.5.STABLE10-5.2 is what is in the SuSE 10 release. After looking
> at the previous/current release info for squid, it seems that even it is
> out dated by a long shot. I'll have to look at compiling from source
> when we upgrade that hardware.

2.5.STABLE10 is only a year old.. and a year newer than 2.5.STABLE5.

but current squid-cache.org version is 2.6.STABLE1, and the final 2.5
release was 2.5.STABLE14 (plus two patches).

> In any case, I was able to specify -v 3 and get it to work via ldap,
> ldaps and with TLS using the proper syntax. Now to implement it in the
> conf file....

Excellent!