RE: [squid-users] CentOS 4.3 and Squid Version

From: Oscar Rylin <oscar@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 26 Jul 2006 20:01:31 +0200

As for why the RHEL/CentOS packages are not up-to-date, that's a good
question (I've wondered that myself a few times..) - and as it *is* an
"official" package, Dag's repository doesn't contain it (though it has
related software like squidguard)
Either way, compiling it from source is no problem; I'm running it on some
30 production servers right now, using CentOS 4.2 or 4.3 - haven't bumped
into any problems on some fairly heavy-traffic sites.

If you really want to do it with yum/up2date/rpm, set up your own repo and
try building the latest sources (or perhaps the STABLE14 ones) against the
SPEC file included with RHEL's STABLE6 SRPM.

/ oscar