Re: [squid-users] authentication

From: Visolve Squid <squid@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 27 Jul 2006 11:44:25 +0530

Paul wrote:

> Hi, I have configure my squid with poxy_auth and all the computers
> which use internet use this proxy (of course I need to enter login and
> password), but I have a machine which is not possible to enter the
> password. Any one knows how can I make an exception with one user. Is
> it possible to avoid the squid authentication for one user or IP
> address.

Hello Paul,

Yes. You can avoid the squid authentication for one ip address by using
following ACL configuration in squid.conf file.

auth_param basic program /usr/local/squid/libexec/ncsa_auth
/usr/local/squid/etc/passwd
acl auth_users proxy_auth REQUIRED
acl restricted src "/usr/local/squid/iplist"
acl allow_user src 172.16.1.27
http_access allow allow_user
http_access allow auth_users restricted

--