Re: [squid-users] inject object into cache

From: Matus UHLAR - fantomas <uhlar@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 28 Jul 2006 09:11:13 +0200

On 27.07.06 14:10, Pranav Desai wrote:
> Is it possible to inject a specific object into the cache store and
> associate it with a particular URL ?

I don't think so, currently.

> E.g. a gif on the disk needs to be included in the cache store as say
> http://www.google.com/logo.gif.
> So, when someone accesses http://www.google.com/logo.gif, they will
> get the gif that was on the disk.

You may create a redirector which will redirect
http://www.google.com/logo.gif to different url. You will probably have to
run it on local HTTP server, ot to put it under the directory squid's icons
are in, and use URL like /squid-internal-static/ to access it.

He who laughs last thinks slowest.