Re: [squid-users] inject object into cache

From: Pranav Desai <pranavadesai@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 28 Jul 2006 11:02:19 -0700

On 7/28/06, Joost de Heer <sanguis@xs4all.nl> wrote:
> Pranav Desai wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > Is it possible to inject a specific object into the cache store and
> > associate it with a particular URL ?
> >
> > E.g. a gif on the disk needs to be included in the cache store as say
> > http://www.google.com/logo.gif.
> > So, when someone accesses http://www.google.com/logo.gif, they will
> > get the gif that was on the disk.
> >
> > Or maybe it can be included in a special user request (like PURGE),
> > where you would give the entire object in the user request.
>
> You could use a redirector
> (http://wiki.squid-cache.org/SquidFaq/SquidRedirectors).

That I believe will add to the processing, making it slower and also
add one more component to the system (web server). I want to be able
to inject content directly into the cache store, hoping that it will
make prepopulation faster, if I already have the content.

Thanks for the help though.

If I were to implement something like PURGE (but opposite in
functionality) how would I go about doing it. Is there an API for
squid or something ?

--
http://pd.dnsalias.org