Re: [squid-users] Squid as frontend for internal servers and as proxy for internal users

From: Henrik Nordstrom <henrik@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 28 Jul 2006 22:29:44 +0200

fre 2006-07-28 klockan 13:09 +0200 skrev Bert Moorthaemer:
> Hi all!
>
> I have Squid 2.6 running as a proxy for my internal users and everything
> works just great. Now I want to use the same Squid as a http accellerator to
> access the servers that run our web site and web mail also. How do I
> configure Squid to accomplish that? I already tried to find sample configs
> with google, but none of them helped me whatsoever.

http_port 80 defaultsite=www.blumex.com vhost

cache_peer address.of.webserver parent 80 0 no-query originserver
cache_peer_domain address.of.webserver www.blumex.com

cache_peer address.of.webmail parent 80 0 no-query originserver
cache_peer_domain address.of.webmail webmail.blumex.com

acl accel type accelerated
acl accel-domains dstdomain www.blumex.com webmail.blumex.com
http_access allow accel accel-domains
http_access deny accel

I would recommend setting up a second Squid instance for this to
simplify access controls, but it's possible to configure a single Squid
to do both if you prefer. If you mix then the access rules above should
go before your normal access rules, and if you have other peers make
sure to deny the accelerated domains from using those peers by the
cache_peer_access or cache_peer_domain directive.