RE: [squid-users] squid_ldap_auth to authtenticate on Active Directory 2000

From: Janco van der Merwe <jvdmerwe@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 1 Aug 2006 17:46:25 +0200

Henrik,

Here is what we did and it worked. I hope that it will help you. In AD I created an OU internetusers and specified it where I needed to.

Under auth_param
auth_param basic program /usr/lib/squid/squid_ldap_auth -R -b "dc=dunns,dc=co,dc=za" -D "cn=ldapreader,cn=users,dc=dunns,dc=co,dc=za" -w "ldappassword" -f sAMAccountName=%s -h (IP of DC)

Under External ACL
external_acl_type internetusergroup %LOGIN /usr/lib/squid/squid_ldap_group -R -b "dc=dunns,dc=co,dc=za" -D "cn=ldapreader,cn=users,dc=dunns,dc=co,dc=za" -w "ldappassword" -f "(&(objectclass=person)(sAMAccountName=%u)(memberof=cn=internetusers,OU=Dunns Groups,OU=Dunns,dc=dunns,dc=co,dc=za))" -h (IP of DC)

Under acl
acl ldappassword proxy_auth REQUIRED
acl internetgroup external internetusergroup internetusers

Janco v.d Merwe
Network Administrator
Dunns Stores (PTY) Ltd
Switchboard: 011 541 3000