RE: [squid-users] Squid + RHEL4 + ip_gre issue

From: Henrik Nordstrom <henrik@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 04 Aug 2006 13:56:53 +0200

On Thu, 2006-08-03 at 17:25 -0700, Arnold Wang wrote:
> 1. Can you explain to me your concern on the WCCP chat you saw on wccp0
> interface? I thought they're belong there.

The WCCP control traffic should go over the IP network, not encapsulated
in GRE.

The rest looks fine (assuming IP addresses on the WCCP interface
actually match the GRE traffic your router sends), and should work from
what I understand. But that kernel is a bit old and it's possible the
WCCP part of ip_gre maybe isn't fully operational there.