RE: [squid-users] Squid + RHEL4 + ip_gre issue

From: Henrik Nordstrom <henrik@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 04 Aug 2006 23:35:48 +0200

fre 2006-08-04 klockan 11:12 -0700 skrev Arnold Wang:
> I thought RedHat changed their kernel source distribution package.

They don't distribute the kernel source as a binary rpm any longer. Only
as a source rpm just like how it's done for all other rpms.

> BTW, just to confirm, I don't need any GRE configuration on the router
> side at all, is this correct?

Correct.

> Do I have to specify the wccp_ip incoming/outgoing address for Squid?

Shouldn't be needed.

> That is the problem. mismatched IP addresses between the router and
> Squid.

Good, you found the problem.

> There're multiple IPs in the router and it picks 204.146.97.x as its
> WCCP IP and it seems no way to modify it, I have a case opened now with
> Cisco to confirm. The Squid has 10.17.2.x IP.

Not sure this is a problem.. You should be able to ask Squid to register
to that router IP. In worst case adding a route if that IP is not
normally going via the router for some strange reason..

> I just added another interface in the Squid machine and assign it a
> 204.146.97.x address for all the WCCP traffics and everything starts
> working.

Not sure why you needed to add another interface. You can have as many
IP addresses and network you like per NIC.. Only if you need to
physically connect differently is a second NIC needed..