[squid-users] FW: Squid Issue

From: Jason Neurohr <Jason.Neurohr@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 7 Aug 2006 09:53:54 +1000

Hello,

Having an issue with a .net site using mscms with a small app called
rapid. Basically it's a little menu that sits on the page to allow
people to edit the site. Having an issue when you browse to the site
with IE6 sp2 it works fine but if you hit refresh the menu breaks by way
that the actual floating menu disappears and the menu options are pushed
onto the actual website page, and if you hit refresh again it goes back
to the correct state. This only occurs with this version of IE and while
running through squid. Earlier versions seem to work and so do other
browsers eg firefox. With the same version of IE running through an ISA
proxy this problem does not occur.

I've run through a fresh install of squid on a different network with no
customisations with the same version of IE and I don't seem to suffer
the issues. The only difference I can see between the 2 servers is a few
authentication settings and http acceleration.

Regards

Jason

Jason Neurohr | Network Engineer | jasonn@uniqueworld.net | Telephone:
(02) 8001 7702 | Fax: (02) 8001 7778 |