[squid-users] squid 2.5 click of death at VMware.com

From: Dennis Clarke <dclarke@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 7 Aug 2006 18:43:53 -0400 (EDT)

I have very carefully tracked the death of my squid process down
to one very repeatable event.

I have a Windows client running WinXP Pro and if I goto

    http://www.vmware.com/products/ws/

then goto the drop down box in the upper right that says "Account" and
click on the option "Sign In or Register".

boom .. kills the squid proxy over and over repeatedly

I ran the squid process from the command line ( not daemon ) and debug level
5 to watch the process over and over :

http://www.blastwave.org/dclarke/stuff/squid_debugging_4.txt

Any thoughts ? This is totally repeatable and the browser does not matter
nor does the client that I use. That same links kills the squid proxy over
and over.

--
Dennis Clarke