Re: [squid-users] place squid before or after firewall

From: Matus UHLAR - fantomas <uhlar@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 9 Aug 2006 14:06:39 +0200

On 08.08.06 20:40, donovan wrote:
> so you're using the second method.
> Thats what i figured was the best option. I'm currently using that
> method, but exploring with redundancy between two pix's. I was
> wondering if anyone had any experience with the other two
> configurations?

It's possible - many people run servers in "demilitarised zones", but I
think having squid on the same network than clients gives you ability to
better control who accesses it, e.g. using ident lookups, see their IP
addresses/DNS names, HW addresses or using things like ntlm authentication.

BSE = Mad Cow Desease ... BSA = Mad Software Producents Desease